Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sports of Sorts

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Merger Clairton
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:13 pm 

Can we please merge with Clairton before TJ does. Did any one see the game last night?

Post subject: Re: Merger Clairton
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:38 pm 

Guest wrote:
Can we please merge with Clairton before TJ does. Did any one see the game last night?

I do hope you are joking

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:45 pm 

To the newly hired Warrior football coach: If your knee-jerk reaction is to blame your players for their inexorable loss to TJ, don't do it. Your players take their cue from their parents; parents who enjoy thumping their chests and bragging up how their son is a Warrior football player.

But that's as far as it goes.

EF parents are happy as long as they can talk about how their son is on the football team.

Parents are going to give you an illusion that they're behind you, and to their thinking, they believe it themselves.

Try pitching a more strenuous work ethic though, and you'll be met with resistance.

We lose (miserably) to TJ, year after year, and for good reason; the parents of the TJ players work with the coaches. TJ parents know what it means to truly work hard, and to truly sacrifice, and they encourage their sons to follow suit.

Try pitching sacrifice in EF, and you'll be met with derision.

Don't blame yourself either.
From all accounts, you've been well received in this district.
I've heard it said that you have class; something you won't want to lose sight of, especially when brainless mudslingers come after you ... and they inevitably will. Hang on to your class.
Some of your predecessors had it.
Some didn't.

You may want to think about building further parental consensus.
You may want to think about further educating parents about what it means to truly sacrifice.
Like I said, we're all talk and no walk in this town.

Finally, no matter how successful you become,
There will be those who chomp at the bit to knock you down.
It comes with the territory we call Elizabeth Forward.

"EF. We want to win. We just don't want to work."

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:36 pm 

Class? This coach has NO class. The Albert Gallatin game, EF up by 21 and he goes for a touchdown late. Game ended, the coach and the team celebrated like they won the lottery in front of the AG team, a perennial loser. If you want class, look at the TJ game. TJ up 48 points at the half, the TJ coach sees EF comes out with a younger lineup for the second half and immediately calls off the dogs not scoring a single point in the second half. This EF coach is as fake as they come.

The rumor was EF had several top notch coaches applying and we end up with this guy. My guess would be he is friends with someone on the school board. He's never been a head coach before but he's hired over candidates much more qualified, typical EF.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 pm 

"I've heard it said that you have class; something you won't want to lose sight of, especially when brainless mudslingers come after you ... and they inevitably will. Hang on to your class."

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm 

This coach ruined the midget football program in the township, that's real classy. He has been here six months, EFAA hates him, the middle school hates him, the boosters hate him, everyone must be wrong and you're right. He's a class act.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:32 pm 

You heard he had class? A comment came to mind...."If you want to really know something you have to observe or experience it in person; if you claim to know something on the basis of hearsay, or on happening to see it in a book, you'll be a laughingstock to those who really know."

If you don't know him yourself shut your pie hole, no one wants to hear your opinion. I'm guessing you know him very well and know he is getting what he deserves. I feel sorry for this guys wife, she is a good teacher with a bright future in our district and she's going to get painted with the same brush as her loser husband. South Park took out the trash and got rid of him, when did EF become the dumping ground?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:41 pm 

I'll give my opinion anytime I like, and there's nothing that stupid oafs like you can do about it. You sound like a kindergarten crybaby, or worse - a screaming high chair tyrant. You sound like you're vindictive, and who knows why? Maybe your kid doesn't have what it takes to play.

Your words: " ... you'll be a laughingstock to those who really know..."

You freakin' mudslingers are all alike. You're all in-the-know, and the rest of us lemmings should never question you. Your "wisdom" though, is like bubblegum.

We chew it.
Fortunately we don't swallow it.

The travesty is that you're often too stupid to realize just how stupid you really are. You're like an elevator operator. You only profit when you're running somebody down.

You say you feel sorry for this guy's wife? Hey. I kind of feel sorry for your own wife. You didn't say much in your seething little sermon, but you said enough. Sounds like you've taken quite a few balls ... to the head ... without a helmet.

Here's another healthy dollop of your toxic bullshit: " ... and [his wife] is going to get painted with the same brush as her loser husband ... " And it sounds as though you've cleared the way for that to happen.

Loser husband?
Image <---Hey the only loser in this entire post ... is YOU, Jethro.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:12 am 

Guest wrote:
I'll give my opinion anytime I like, and there's nothing that stupid oafs like you can do about it. You sound like a kindergarten crybaby, or worse - a screaming high chair tyrant. You sound like you're vindictive, and who knows why? Maybe your kid doesn't have what it takes to play.

Your words: " ... you'll be a laughingstock to those who really know..."

You freakin' mudslingers are all alike. You're all in-the-know, and the rest of us lemmings should never question you. Your "wisdom" though, is like bubblegum.

We chew it.
Fortunately we don't swallow it.

The travesty is that you're often too stupid to realize just how stupid you really are. You're like an elevator operator. You only profit when you're running somebody down.

You say you feel sorry for this guy's wife? Hey. I kind of feel sorry for your own wife. You didn't say much in your seething little sermon, but you said enough. Sounds like you've taken quite a few balls ... to the head ... without a helmet.

Here's another healthy dollop of your toxic bullshit: " ... and [his wife] is going to get painted with the same brush as her loser husband ... " And it sounds as though you've cleared the way for that to happen.

Loser husband?
Image <---Hey the only loser in this entire post ... is YOU, Jethro.

Now you're throwing out bullshit that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:42 pm 

After reading six weeks of post game comments from this coach it's very evident that he is inexperienced, immature, and full of himself to one degree or the other. While some of his comments are positive and geared towards his players others are geared towards a false sense of accomplishment. My son played on last years team as a senior and we both found it interesting that the coach is making comments about last years team in which he did not coach. In the close win against Yough he stated something along the lines that last years team would not have won that game. How could he say that when he was not coaching here and the team did not play Yough? It seemed like he was trying to prop up the work he has done and at the same time put down our kids that worked hard and won they're fair share of games. I can appreciate his sense of confidence as that will translate down to his team but I don't respect putting down other EF teams in order to make it look like he's EFs savior. He should be focusing on this years team and continuing to improve. He also shouldn't carry himself in the way he is until he accomplished something that hasn't been done in EF before. 3 wins, while great for the current team, is nothing above ordinary at any level.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:02 pm 

This thread is to get support for a Clairton merger, not to beat up the current coach.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:16 am 

We need to set a goal to beat TJ sometime in the next few years. When they recruited some players from Mckeesport it almost happened.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:47 am 

Me wrote:
Guest wrote:

I do hope you are joking

In the enduring words of our 41st President, "Read my lips, West Jefferson Hills School District will never merge with Clairton School District." Do you really think that people that have spent upwards of half a million dollars on a home are going to be willing to send their privileged little darling off to school with the likes of a Clairton kid? And, as much as EF would love the influx of cash to the district from the state if the Clairton District merged with EF (not to mention the boost to the athletic department), the administration has to know that the overwhelming majority of EF residents would be against it. Just as Duquesne, Clairton will be forced into a merger with surrounding districts when the state eventually intervenes and disperses the Clairton student body between South Allegheny and EF (in my opinion).

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:22 pm 

Did anyone see the Clairton game at EF last Friday? That was some football.

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Sports of Sorts