Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Town Discussion

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Kolodziej Full text of article
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:31 am 

Guest wrote:
He still has not showed up for his fingerprint order. Another fine example of him doing as he pleases.

Did the dopehead ever pay his rent?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:39 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
He still has not showed up for his fingerprint order. Another fine example of him doing as he pleases.

Why so bitter? I know for a fact he has been clean for a long time and refused to pay for 1 month because Ken wouldn't do a thing at the building. A person can get clean and has, but Ken will always be an asshole.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:11 pm 

Quote:
Why so bitter? I know for a fact he has been clean for a long time and refused to pay for 1 month because Ken wouldn't do a thing at the building. A person can get clean and has, but Ken will always be an asshole.

Did the (I stand corrected) now-sober former-dopehead upstanding gentleman ever pay his 1 month of rent to the landlord with whom he had agreed to and entered into a legally binding lease? I'm sure when the landlord stopped maintaining the property and when the tenant decided not to hold up his end of lease, i.e. paying due rent, that the tenant also decided to vacate the premises...oh wait...

If what everyone on here is saying is true, then here are the facts:
1. Landlord stops taking care of property. Lease is broken by him.
2. Tenant stops paying rent. Lease is broken by him.
3. The lease is now de facto nonexistent and no longer binding. Neither party is indebted to the other monetarily or for service provision.
4. Tenant no longer owes rent yet remains illegally in possession of property.

While it may be common knowledge that it is wrong to assault someone, apparently we need to give lessons that if you don't occupy a building illegally you probably won't get your ass kicked by it's owner.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm 

Guest wrote:
Quote:

Did the (I stand corrected) now-sober former-dopehead upstanding gentleman ever pay his 1 month of rent to the landlord with whom he had agreed to and entered into a legally binding lease? I'm sure when the landlord stopped maintaining the property and when the tenant decided not to hold up his end of lease, i.e. paying due rent, that the tenant also decided to vacate the premises...oh wait...

3. The lease is now de facto nonexistent and no longer binding. Neither party is indebted to the other monetarily or for service provision.

While it may be common knowledge that it is wrong to assault someone, apparently we need to give lessons that if you don't occupy a building illegally you probably won't get your ass kicked by it's owner.

He was moving out. I was there that day. All he had left was tables, and the landlord was trying to keep them. For 1 months rent? Ridiculous. And give the guy some credit, sure he screwed up but he's been clean quite awhile now. He's been in this town like 14 years or something doing great work, and had a screw up the past year that he openly acknowledges and has fixed. I also used to go to his gym, and saw him give away more of his time and knowledge to help people for free because it was right, in his eyes. He's done a hell of alot for the people in this town. For people to attack him is wrong, just my opinion. I have a family member with an addiction. It's an ugly thing. Not to judge, but you probably have someone close to you with the same problem, whether you know it or not. I'm biased because I like the guy but most who know him feel the same way. Keep your head up, Chris.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:47 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Quote:

He was moving out. I was there that day. All he had left was tables, and the landlord was trying to keep them. For 1 months rent? Ridiculous. And give the guy some credit, sure he screwed up but he's been clean quite awhile now. He's been in this town like 14 years or something doing great work, and had a screw up the past year that he openly acknowledges and has fixed. I also used to go to his gym, and saw him give away more of his time and knowledge to help people for free because it was right, in his eyes. He's done a hell of alot for the people in this town. For people to attack him is wrong, just my opinion. I have a family member with an addiction. It's an ugly thing. Not to judge, but you probably have someone close to you with the same problem, whether you know it or not. I'm biased because I like the guy but most who know him feel the same way. Keep your head up, Chris.

Good for him for staying clean. I regret calling him a dopehead if that's true.

I wasn't trying to get personal. People were just both presenting and arguing the situation and events like he had nothing to do with it. It was a one sided attack originally. I just wanted to be devil's advocate for the other party to keep things fair and bring an understanding to both sides. They're both clearly in the wrong for very different things and it doesn't seem like anyone thinks that is true. I'm just trying to illustrate that factually it is.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm 

I get it, but I think the reason it seemed one sided is because there's alot of people in this town who are very fond of Chris for the reasons I said. He's been doing good work for a long time. I personally will give him 1 screwup, assuming he does stay clean like you said. I know for a fact that he is, right now at least.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:32 pm 

Factually???

To keep things fair???

Let me take a shot at this.....

Factually one is civil and one is criminal.

Factually PA law is this,

15 day eviction notice on leases under 1 year. (for all reasons excluding non-paying rent)
30 day eviction notice on 1 year and beyond leases (for all reasons excluding non-paying rent)
10 day eviction notice on non-paying renters on ALL leases. (Think about that one)

Factually one had NOTHING to do with the other breaking the law. They made the choice to break the law all on their own.

Just factually keeping things fair.......with facts.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:58 pm 

Exactly! It's one sided because one has been doing good and helping this town for years, and the other one is a slumlord who loses everything to sheriff's sale because he doesn't pay his taxes and tries this nonsense all the time. The slumlord should thank his lucky stars Greenwalt didn't beat him into a coma, which I know for a fact he is capable of.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:12 am 

Guest wrote:
Factually???

To keep things fair???

15 day eviction notice on leases under 1 year. (for all reasons excluding non-paying rent)
30 day eviction notice on 1 year and beyond leases (for all reasons excluding non-paying rent)
10 day eviction notice on non-paying renters on ALL leases. (Think about that one)

Factually one had NOTHING to do with the other breaking the law. They made the choice to break the law all on their own.

Kudos to you for taking a shot, but you missed in spectacular fashion. But to your credit, these days everyone gets a trophy for participation; I wonder what yours will be. Next time fight your natural tendencies and stop, read, and comprehend. then and only then write.

Firstly, nowhere did I state anything about criminality or civility. I frankly don't care. I was speaking of abstract relative morality. You know, or maybe you don't, right and wrong. I stated they were both in the wrong, not criminals or violators of civil obedience. Different words have different meanings. Take ignorant and lazy, for example. While your response was both, that's not our topic here so I will not further elaborate upon their meanings or the difference between them. I speak only of the actual words written, not ambiguous intention or fabricated meaning.

Secondly, upon the act of your second reading of what I had previously written, but of course in terms of comprehension your first, please review the part where I said that my words were based under the assumption that what was written here by others regarding the situation was factual. The reason that statement took place was to let it be known that if those facts are not true, then my whole statement crumbles. I'm okay with that. I guess I was the one who missed there, but to be honest I gave the tiny target too much credit. As an optimist I'm okay with that too.

Thirdly, attempts to argue about words that were never in my mouth are not only worrisome and irresponsible, they are particularly foolish.

And lastly, under the presumption that you won't actually read or understand these words in a similar manner to your previously mangled attempt at interpretation and the preposterous response that followed, I'll proscribe my further participation to prevent your equally proportionate, albeit earned, embarrassment. I've carried the troll's sour bait far enough and will now return it to the grimy ground of his hovel's doorstep where it belongs. After all, arguing with an intellectually unarmed person while arguably civil, is certainly not criminal. But then again, just like the landlord and tenant of our discussion, it is wrong. And so it will end here.

Adieu...oh wait we're doing Spanish, adios.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:18 am 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Factually???

To keep things fair???

Kudos to you for taking a shot, but you missed in spectacular fashion. But to your credit, these days everyone gets a trophy for participation; I wonder what yours will be. Next time fight your natural tendencies and stop, read, and comprehend. then and only then write.

Firstly, nowhere did I state anything about criminality or civility. I frankly don't care. I was speaking of abstract relative morality. You know, or maybe you don't, right and wrong. I stated they were both in the wrong, not criminals or violators of civil obedience. Different words have different meanings. Take ignorant and lazy, for example. While your response was both, that's not our topic here so I will not further elaborate upon their meanings or the difference between them. I speak only of the actual words written, not ambiguous intention or fabricated meaning.

Secondly, upon the act of your second reading of what I had previously written, but of course in terms of comprehension your first, please review the part where I said that my words were based under the assumption that what was written here by others regarding the situation was factual. The reason that statement took place was to let it be known that if those facts are not true, then my whole statement crumbles. I'm okay with that. I guess I was the one who missed there, but to be honest I gave the tiny target too much credit. As an optimist I'm okay with that too.

Thirdly, attempts to argue about words that were never in my mouth are not only worrisome and irresponsible, they are particularly foolish.

And lastly, under the presumption that you won't actually read or understand these words in a similar manner to your previously mangled attempt at interpretation and the preposterous response that followed, I'll proscribe my further participation to prevent your equally proportionate, albeit earned, embarrassment. I've carried the troll's sour bait far enough and will now return it to the grimy ground of his hovel's doorstep where it belongs. After all, arguing with an intellectually unarmed person while arguably civil, is certainly not criminal. But then again, just like the landlord and tenant of our discussion, it is wrong. And so it will end here.

You find things like verbosity fun, amigo

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:16 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Factually???

To keep things fair???

Thanks for the good laugh.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:41 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That is true. When the computer guy got flooded out earlier this year from a broken pipe in the apartment above him, Ken fixed that problem by throwing that girl out, right then and there. She is the step-daughter of our police chief and he let that asshole Kenny do it. She was pregnant at the time and all Kenny did was call her a f'in whore and told her she wasn't allowed to go back into the apartment and blamed her for the broken pipe. What an asshole.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Good for him for staying clean. I regret calling him a dopehead if that's true.

I wasn't trying to get personal. People were just both presenting and arguing the situation and events like he had nothing to do with it. It was a one sided attack originally. I just wanted to be devil's advocate for the other party to keep things fair and bring an understanding to both sides. They're both clearly in the wrong for very different things and it doesn't seem like anyone thinks that is true. I'm just trying to illustrate that factually it is.

The computer guy was in this town for 22 years and Kenny shutoff his power for two months rent. What an asshole. I watch Rich give Kenny money the day he shut the power off. There was real problems with the water and electric in that building and since kenny was busy trying to fix up that other building that had a Stop Work Order posted on it, he figured it would be easier to shutoff power to the computer shop to force him out than it would be to correct the problems in that building. Slumlord through and through.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:20 am 

There are some very fine people on both sides.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:38 am 

Guest wrote:
There are some very fine people on both sides.

The kind of people that look other people in the eyes while they slowly eat a banana.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 am 

That is extremely poor decision-making to remain in that building. If the landlord was that bad for that long he should have relocated his business a long time ago.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 pm 

Why not stay!! Once you decide on not paying the landlord,you might as well just see how long it takes for him to evict.and then after your out! Tell everyone how you were wronged,and how the place was such a dump ,and how you had to stay there under such bad circumstances. And then maybe you can file a law suit and say how stressful it's been on you! Trying to dodge the landlord,and your health has suffered.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 pm 

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05226-NT-0000264-2016

The theatre has been classified as an unsafe structure, yet people are in there all the time. Click to see proof.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:49 pm 

Guest wrote:
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05226-NT-0000264-2016

The theatre has been classified as an unsafe structure, yet people are in there all the time. Click to see proof.

Holy shit. that case is still active? I would bet a thousand dollars that nothing comes from this. They should just tear the theater down. They heat the place with a torpedo heater in the winter. Always smells like diesel. It simply stinks.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 am 

Guest wrote:

If people did what the were supposed to and didn't do what they weren't...oh what a Christmas it would be!

Page 2 of 2 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Town Discussion