Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Political Discussion

Page 148 of 151 [ 3009 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151  Next

Post subject: Re: Trump
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am 

Guest wrote:
6-year-old admonished for taking a knee during Pledge of Allegiance at Florida school

By BARBARA SCHMITT
Sep 27, 2017, 4:50 PM ET

Eugenia McDowell told ABC News that her son knelt down during the daily pledge to the flag at Wiregrass Elementary School in Wesley Chapel, Florida. The incident occurred after a weekend of demonstrations across the NFL in which many players, owners, and teams engaged in peaceful protests by sitting, kneeling or locking arms during the national anthem

“What he did was have a difference of opinion. He was not being disrespectful. He was silently protesting and exercising his constitutional right," McDowell said. "My concern is she infringe upon his constitutional right to express himself, to protest peacefully, and she also made him feel like his decision to come up with his own opinion about things was the wrong thing to do."

What strikes me is his mother doesn't mention what this 6 year old is protesting, ABC doesn't ask what this 6 year old is protesting yet it is his (this 6 year old) "own opinion" and we are to believe that.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-admonishe ... d=50128970

Lets not forget this part..

“We are no longer going be silenced, our voices will be heard and our little black boys that sit in classrooms today, not just my son but every other child that looks like him, they are not going to be silenced," McDowell said.

This is only about the "little black boys" and "every other child that looks like him"?

That clears it all up.

Maybe it is just me (the misinformed Trumpster) but this is ridiculous!

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:46 pm 

All together now. If you're a Conservative / Republican, you HAVE to be ...

racist, Racist RACIST!

It's like a Geico commercial:

If you're black you scream "racist!"
It's what you do!

Sorry, but in a sudden paradigmatic shift this country is no longer about "little black boys" and "every other child that looks like [them]."

One more thing - please tell me again how "unarmed" blacks are disproportionately murdered by Police Officers.
DO remind me of that.
What you won't say is that blacks are indeed murdered disproportionately,

but they're murdered disproportionately by OTHER BLACKS.

Listen up. The Silent Majority (and that would include decent, hardworking blacks) is sick and tired of your ...

racist, Racist RACIST BULLSHIT!

There are blacks who want to get ahead in America, and they want to do it by legitimate means; notice I said legitimate means. I didn't say White means, so stop broad brushing all of White America as being ... drum roll ...

racist, Racist RACIST!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm 

Donors of anti-Trump 'resistance' group revealed
October 4, 2017

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/9f7f0869-8 ... trump.html

"The Center for Community Change's largest contribution was $3,000,000 from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, which was initially created by Will Kellogg, the food manufacturer and founder of Kellogg Company. The Ford Foundation added a $2,350,000 donation. The Open Society Foundation, a foundation run by liberal billionaire mega-donor George Soros, gave $1,750,000 to the Center for Community Change"

Turns out Tony the Tiger isn't so grrrreat after all.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:06 pm 

Thank you for posting it.
The takeaway for me is that I will now discourage others from buying Kellogg products and instead steer them to General Mills products.
Same principles apply to the Ford Motor Company.
Others probably won't listen, but maybe I can convince just one other person.
Maybe it's high time that Silent MAJORITY lose its silence.
The only thing we lack in order to mobilize ... is more of an organizational framework.
Far too many folks underestimate the power of boycotting and sanctions.
The heart of what makes them so effective is their inherent interconnectedness.
Speaks to a new flavor of "We, the People."

They want to destroy my beloved country?
I'll retaliate with all the vengeance I can muster.
Take down as many statues as you like.
Change as many names as you possibly can.
Continue to revise and sanitize history to your hearts' content.

I'm okay with it.
Redistributing my wealth,, especially to pay for some deadbeat's healthcare?
Not so much. Careful!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:32 pm 

Trump reaches out to Democrats in bid for 'great' health law

WASHINGTON — Trying to revive health care talks, President Donald Trump tweeted Saturday that he had spoken to the Senate's Democratic leader to gauge whether the minority party was interested in helping pass "great" health legislation.

The answer back: Democrats are willing to hear his ideas, but scrapping the Obama health law is a nonstarter.

Trump's latest overture to Democrats follows GOP failures so far to fulfill their yearslong promise to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act despite controlling the White House and Congress since January.

The president tweeted that he called New York Sen. Chuck Schumer on Friday to discuss the 2010 law, which Trump said "is badly broken, big premiums. Who knows!" Trump said he wanted "to see if the Dems want to do a great HealthCare Bill."
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... li=BBnb7Kz

Maybe little donnie was serious when he said, “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” Maybe he can get together with the Democrats to ensure redistribution of your wealth. If he can work the deal with Democrats, you know there are a few Republicans who will help out.

Hello, redistribution!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:33 pm 

Guest wrote:
The takeaway for me is that I will now discourage others from buying Kellogg products and instead steer them to General Mills products.
The only thing we lack in order to mobilize ... is more of an organizational framework.

I'm okay with it.
Not so much. Careful!

I'm eating Frosted Flakes 3 times a day.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:11 am 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm okay with it.
Not so much. Careful!

I'm eating Frosted Flakes 3 times a day.

and it shows

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:55 am 

Trump says he created the word 'fake,' defends Puerto Rico towels

Trump credited himself with thinking of one of his favorite words in a Saturday interview with former Arkansas governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee.

“I think one of the greatest of all terms I’ve come up with is ‘fake,’” he told Huckabee.

“I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I’ve never noticed it.”
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/1 ... /23236493/

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:07 pm 

De la poesía inglesa leída

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:55 pm 

TRUMP says: "Right now, our trade with Japan is not fair and it's not open, but I know it will be, soon. We want free and reciprocal trade, but right now our trade with Japan is not free and it's not reciprocal. Many millions of cars are sold by Japan into the United States, whereas virtually no cars go from the United States into Japan." — remarks to business leaders on Monday.
More than half the vehicles sold in the U.S. by Japanese manufacturers are built in the U.S., says the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association. Three-quarters of them are built in North America.

More Bad Math

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 pm 

?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:41 pm 

So the Dems win two traditionally deep blue states, and they're ready to uncork the champagne they had on reserve fro Hillary's inauguration. Isn't it going to be great when they melt down again, once DJT wins in 2020?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:24 am 

Guest wrote:
?

!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 pm 

Asia Trip wrote:
TRUMP says: "Right now, our trade with Japan is not fair and it's not open, but I know it will be, soon. We want free and reciprocal trade, but right now our trade with Japan is not free and it's not reciprocal. Many millions of cars are sold by Japan into the United States, whereas virtually no cars go from the United States into Japan." — remarks to business leaders on Monday.
More than half the vehicles sold in the U.S. by Japanese manufacturers are built in the U.S., says the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association. Three-quarters of them are built in North America.

More Bad Math

Just because they make them here from parts shipped from Japan doesn't mean the profits aren't all sent back to Japan. Sure we get a few nice overpaid cushy union factory jobs and some tax money, but that's about it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 pm 

Guest wrote:
Asia Trip wrote:

More Bad Math

Just because they make them here from parts shipped from Japan doesn't mean the profits aren't all sent back to Japan. Sure we get a few nice overpaid cushy union factory jobs and some tax money, but that's about it.

What do you want from them besides jobs and taxes? The top three Japanese manufacturers have about 70,000 people employed here, not too small. I think most of them are non-union, but I could be wrong.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:34 am 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
6-year-old admonished for taking a knee during Pledge of Allegiance at Florida school

By BARBARA SCHMITT

Eugenia McDowell told ABC News that her son knelt down during the daily pledge to the flag at Wiregrass Elementary School in Wesley Chapel, Florida. The incident occurred after a weekend of demonstrations across the NFL in which many players, owners, and teams engaged in peaceful protests by sitting, kneeling or locking arms during the national anthem

“What he did was have a difference of opinion. He was not being disrespectful. He was silently protesting and exercising his constitutional right," McDowell said. "My concern is she infringe upon his constitutional right to express himself, to protest peacefully, and she also made him feel like his decision to come up with his own opinion about things was the wrong thing to do."

What strikes me is his mother doesn't mention what this 6 year old is protesting, ABC doesn't ask what this 6 year old is protesting yet it is his (this 6 year old) "own opinion" and we are to believe that.

“We are no longer going be silenced, our voices will be heard and our little black boys that sit in classrooms today, not just my son but every other child that looks like him, they are not going to be silenced," McDowell said.

This is only about the "little black boys" and "every other child that looks like him"?

That clears it all up.

https://www.facebook.com/11928520541325 ... 764474403/

Does not matter if it's perceived as disrespect or awareness the NFL's hypocrisy is legit.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 pm 

"Do you think the three UCLA Basketball Players will say thank you President Trump? They were headed for 10 years in jail!" the president tweeted Wednesday morning.

Does he ever just do his job without looking for praise?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

By BARBARA SCHMITT

That clears it all up.

https://www.facebook.com/11928520541325 ... 764474403/

Does not matter if it's perceived as disrespect or awareness the NFL's hypocrisy is legit.

Please. Do what you can to help the NFL players.
They like to kneel?
Bring them to their knees!
"How?" you may ask.
Well that means you can stop subsidizing them directly or otherwise.
Not to be spiteful. I ask because I don't know.
How much does it cost to attend one NFL game these days, inclusive of tickets, gas, refreshments and parking?
I won't even mention the cost of covering the spread.
That means stop buying their insignia and paraphernalia that bears any team logo.
How much have we let our own lives go, when the only thing we have to live for, the only thing about which we are passionate ...
are a bunch of intellectual dropouts who just happen to be very good with a football.
Seriously?
No disrespect, but if you are one of those guys, takes some of those hard-earned dollars, and invest in a few sessions of psychotherapy.
Your wife and child(ren) will be most appreciative.
Or ... maybe you've reached the point where you've just let things get too far out of control.
Sorry for your loss.

KNOWN STATISTIC: Recorded incidents of spousal and child abuse are highest from September through February.
Most of these incidents happen just after an NFL game, where the viewer's game expectations didn't quite come to fruition.

If your ballsy enough, ask your local bartender to change the channel, the next time your favorite team is playing.
He / she probably won't do it, but send a nuanced message anyhow.
Look how many local Pittsburghers have been vociferous about their disdain for the NFL.
It's hard for me as well.
I was a die hard Steelers fan.
No longer.
Yes, they still hold the hometown hearts and minds,
but that's because they're winning right now.
Take it to the bank.
People are simply fed up with their shenanigans,
and when this seasons' losers don't even make the playoffs,
the once-faithful will abandon their beloved gridiron gangsters in droves,
throughout the country.
You'll want to make sure you're not the guy without a chair when the music stops,
and your almighty, coveted tickets have suddenly plummeted in value.

EVERYBODY LOVES A WINNER.

Colin Kaepernic was abandoned by his black father.
Two white parents graciously adopted him.
By his own words, he has little regard for white America.
Yes. He embraces the culture that did absolutely NOTHING for him.
He cozies up to them.
The culture that made him a multi-millionaire?
Not so much.
And lest you think it's racist of me to post this, think again.
Those soldiers who either fought and died for us or were willing to fight and die for us are white and black.
They deserve better.
At the very least, make your sentiments known, and do it with conviction.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm 

GO Steelers!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am 

Guest wrote:
GO Steelers!

Ya! And take the Pittsburgh Pirates and Bill Peduto along with you!

Page 148 of 151 [ 3009 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151  Next

Board index » Political Discussion