Guest wrote:
Quote:
Why@

Ask your kid's teacher

"Long Winded + Angry = Not a good thing" Image

Post subject: Re: Teachers' Union ...
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:40 pm 

Teach wrote:
With such a long winded post, I found myself unable to offer a contradictory opinion. You have created an unanswerable post.In so much that it bounces around so badly and challenges even the sharpest of minds to stay with it. It has some points that show your anger and you fail then to engage anyone. This has gone on now for several weeks and borders on sociopathic behavior. Keep your posts shorter and more focused on a single and/or related issues. You may think you are doing it and that may even be a personality disorder in and of itself. I know you will respond that I am unable to answer because I can't keep up with your superior intellect, but that to may be a personality disorder as well.

Love it when you psychologists crawl out of the woodwork to offer a free diagnosis.
I feel better already.
And where would I be without you?
Think I've read some of your other diagnoses on https://www.quackwatch.org/
LOVE you geniuses.
I really do.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:08 am 

Just curious. With sub-freezing temperature like we've been having, I understand the need for a two-hour school delay for kids. It keeps them safe. What I DON'T understand is why the teachers also report at 10:00 a.m. Is there some reason as to why they couldn't report at their normal starting time?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 pm 

Guest wrote:
Just curious. With sub-freezing temperature like we've been having, I understand the need for a two-hour school delay for kids. It keeps them safe. What I DON'T understand is why the teachers also report at 10:00 a.m. Is there some reason as to why they couldn't report at their normal starting time?

Who cares trouble maker. What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 pm 

Well. I'm sure the taxpayers care. We're paying 200+ teachers to stay home and do nothing when, like everyone else, they could show up on time and go to work. Kids catch a two-hour break - for their safety. Teachers catch a two-hour break - because? Do you actually have a rationale or a response, besides "who cares?"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:13 pm 

I'm a taxpayer and business owner in the district. The reason the teacher's are delayed is for their safety too. Whether it be for inclement weather, icy roads, frigid temps, etc., our teachers need to be safe as well. As a business owner, I afford this courtesy to my employees as well.

As a taxpayer, I often wonder why such harsh criticism is cast upon teachers, while other entities or individuals can waste our tax dollars egregiously and no one says a word.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 am 

Guest wrote:
I'm a taxpayer and business owner in the district. The reason the teacher's are delayed is for their safety too. Whether it be for inclement weather, icy roads, frigid temps, etc., our teachers need to be safe as well. Well, perhaps you can explain why safety is conferred on teachers, yet for other professions, not so much? As a business owner, I afford this courtesy to my employees as well. You are to be commended, because I can't name one other entity that watches out for the safety of its employees during inclement weather.

As a taxpayer, I often wonder why such harsh criticism is cast upon teachers, while other entities or individuals can waste our tax dollars egregiously and no one says a word. Was just wondering. Could you please name some of those "other entities that waste our tax dollars," besides our school district?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 am 

I have to agree with the business owner here. Just about every company I have ever worked for has been understanding about weather. In fact, the company I currently work for encourages us to work from home if the weather is bad.

As for other entities that waste money - take your pick of any government agency at any level! :lol:

The only time they are not wasting at least some money is for about 5 minutes after someone points out that they are wasting money.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm 

If I have to name another entity that wastes taxpayer money, you're a lost cause or haven't been paying attention for the duration of your life. Sorry......

As for my employee, thank you for saying that is commendable. I always worked for companies that took employee safety seriously. That is why, I too, take my employees' safety to heart. It appears you have been working for companies that don't care about you or their employees. Sorry about that too.....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm 

Once gain, I'm looking for specificity. Please name all the entities you can think of that look out for their employees when inclement weather is imminent. When you make statements like, "Just about every company I have ever worked for has been understanding about weather," then surely you can name a few. And to be clear, there is a difference between "being understanding," and implementing policy guidelines. I'm asking you to name another entity that has, as a policy, a two-hour delay for its employees BECAUSE OF COLD WEATHER. If you were honest, you would have to agree. There aren't that many. Where they do exist, they are the rare exception. Furthermore, why do some school districts insist on a regularly-scheduled starting time for their teachers, irrespective of the weather conditions, yet Elizabeth Forward does not?

Page 57 of 57 [ 1130 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57

Board index » School Board Discussion