Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » School Board Discussion

Page 58 of 61 [ 1201 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Post subject: Re: Teachers' Union ...
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 am 

Guest wrote:
You're a teacher.
At least you admit it.

Nope.

June is when take a few days off to "visit" a select view of my favorite teachers while their husbands work the day away.

Can't wait!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:20 am 

I've written extensively about the teachers' union.
Not a fan.
Having said that, your comment reflects poor form.
While I really don't care for the teachers' union, there are some very decent teachers.
Your comment reflects a lack of class.
Just sayin'

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:28 am 

Guest wrote:
I've written extensively about the teachers' union.
Not a fan.
Having said that, your comment reflects poor form.
While I really don't care for the teachers' union, there are some very decent teachers.
Your comment reflects a lack of class.
Just sayin'

Don't just say...just go away.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:17 am 

From my granddaughter, who attends the McClellan Elementary school – West Jefferson Hills School District – when asked about the most exciting part of her school day:

"We decorated straws with hearts and glitter for a Valentine's Day shindig at school. Then in language arts we cut out paper hearts and wrote conversation messages with markers. Then we used paint with doilies and bubble wrap to make heart art."

From my grandson, who attends the William Penn Elementary school, when asked about the most exciting part of his school day:

"Teacher fell asleep at her desk during seat work."

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:17 am 

The opening ceremony in Korea was awesome.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:21 pm 

Guest wrote:

*South Korea

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

*South Korea
:?
There isn't a country of South Korea. I should have typed Republic of Korea.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:06 am 

Guest wrote:
From my granddaughter, who attends the McClellan Elementary school – West Jefferson Hills School District – when asked about the most exciting part of her school day:

"We decorated straws with hearts and glitter for a Valentine's Day shindig at school. Then in language arts we cut out paper hearts and wrote conversation messages with markers. Then we used paint with doilies and bubble wrap to make heart art."

From my grandson, who attends the William Penn Elementary school, when asked about the most exciting part of his school day:

"Teacher fell asleep at her desk during seat work."

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am 

US Gold in snowboarding.

Go USA.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:17 pm 

One headline says it all:

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf Seeks Billions in Higher Taxes for Schools, Tax Revamp

Get this taxpayer RAPIST out of the Governor's mansion.

PLEASE!

Billions allocated to teacher pensions.
Billions more allocated to education.

ENOUGH!
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/po ... 92391.html

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 pm 

I, for one, would never want to be a teacher. For what they have to deal with and put up with day to day, you couldn't pay me enough. They don't make nearly enough to deal with the crap that gets thrown at them. If anyone thinks they have a great job, get paid too much, etc., go back to school and get your education degree and go into teaching. Not for me....

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:59 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

*South Korea
:?
There isn't a country of South Korea. I should have typed Republic of Korea.

There isn't a country of Germany. It's Deutschland. What's your point?
There isn't a country of Finland. It's Suomi. What's your point?
There isn't a country of Spain. It's España. What's your point?

What IS your point?

By your logic, you should have typed Daehan Minguk.

What is YOUR point?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:16 pm 

Let's pay those teachers more. I'm very serious. But let's only pay that top10% more. A lot more. The middle 55% - give or take - they should stay where they are. The bottom 35% - give or take - let's call them to task or put them on notice. If they can't / won't improve - and many of them seem to be stuck where they are - then put them out to pasture. This is reasonable, yet the union coddles and empowers this bottom echelon. THIS BOTTOM ECHELON IS WHY THE UNION EVEN EXISTS. They don't see how mediocre they truly are. Ask them, and they'll tell you they're just as good as the next teacher. That is how delusional they are. The only part of your post with which I strongly disagree is this:

"They don't make nearly enough"

Trust me.

THEY MAKE MORE THAN ENOUGH.

I drive past the high school every day before and after work, and I see the same handful of cars still there, day in and day out, at 6:40 a.m.,
and at 6:00 p.m. Coaches? Hardly. They're there at sunrise and sunset all year long. Why aren't we rewarding these teachers? Why aren't we paying them more?
The real tragedy is that their hard work is not recognized. The mediocre ones? Well they arrive for work at the latest possible minute.
They then line up at the door for the earliest possible dismissal. Many of these same slackers "retired" years ago. They just stick around to collect a paycheck.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:04 pm 

That's all fine and well, but how do you differentiate between the best teachers and the "mediocre" ones? Seems to me it would be difficult since you really can't go by a student's performance. The best students, the one's that want to learn, will do so. They will attend and pay attention in class. They will do their homework and participate. They will go the extra mile to make sure they are educated. The mediocre students or poor students - not so much. They probably miss a lot of school, don't do their homework or study, don't participate in class and don't care about their grades. How can we hold teachers accountable for student's like this? Isn't this the parent's responsibility and the student themselves? Where is their accountability? I concur, the best teachers should be rewarded - and rewarded well. I would never want their job. I'm just not sure how you can differentiate?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm 

Also, we can agree to disagree that "they make more than enough." I have seen some of these district's pay scales. Frankly, it's pathetic. Sure, after you reach the top of the pay scale you are making "decent" money, but it takes 20 or so years to get there. No wonder students go into other careers rather than education.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:53 pm 

There isn't a country of Germany. It's Deutschland. What's your point? Federal Republic of Germany
There isn't a country of Finland. It's Suomi. What's your point? Republic of Finland
There isn't a country of Spain. It's España. What's your point? Kingdom of Spain

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:27 am 

Guest wrote:
There isn't a country of Germany. It's Deutschland. What's your point? Federal Republic of Germany
There isn't a country of Finland. It's Suomi. What's your point? Republic of Finland
There isn't a country of Spain. It's España. What's your point? Kingdom of Spain

So what is your point?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So what is your point?

That you failed geography. And you are easily distracted from bashing. That's all, no big deal

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:04 pm 

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So what is your point?

That you failed geography. And you are easily distracted from bashing. That's all, no big deal

Geography: the study of the physical features of the earth and its atmosphere.
Are you really that stupid or just playing dumb?

Page 58 of 61 [ 1201 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » School Board Discussion